Leaving the clinic was bittersweet. We missed Keegan so much, and we were ready to come home. We said our goodbyes, and I got to speak with Charlotte one last time before we left. I noticed someone was checking in as a new patient, but figured I wouldn’t get to meet them, since the intake can last a bit. I don’t even remember what I said to Charlotte, but her response dumfounded me. She said to me, “did you see who just checked in? That is MY daughter. She just flew in from Italy. If I didn’t think this was the best thing out there, I certainly wouldn’t have her come here!” Iwish I could have been there to meet her daughter, all I know is she didn’t follow her mother’s strict rules about diet. Her son, Howard, follows more closely, and I think will be the next to take over the Gerson Clinic.

Wow, what a difference a day makes!! Our flights were great coming back to Madison yesterday, we got home around 11pm and talked to my mom for a while, resisted the urge to pick Keegan up out of bed and hug him, and finally wound down around 2am, which was 12 pacific time. We were exhausted but just couldn’t fall asleep! Well, Keegan must have sensed that, since he woke up at 4:30am and wanted to stay up and play until 6. He finally fell back asleep around 6:30 then was up for the day at 8 – nothing like a 4 hour night 🙂 it was worth it to see him though – the smile he got on his face when he saw us was priceless – I wish I would have had my camera!!

Your really take for granted when things are done for you. Normally, I would wake up, make my way downstairs after my morning coffee break, eat breakfast, then the rest of the day, pretty much do the same thing, with every hour on the hour, a soft knock on the door and one of the kitchen girls there with a smile, saying “Juice!” HA – that got VERY different being at home! I didn’t eat anything until noon today,when I finally got a juice made. I made this checklist with everything I need to do in a day – there are around 32 things I have to make sure are done each day. Last night on the plane, Shawn and I were discussing today and said yeah, no biggie if I only get 10 of the 13 juices in – its our first day back. HA! It is 5pm, and I have had a total of 2 juices today. I just made some Hippocrates soup, which apparently I can make ok 🙂 I got coffee made and did 2 coffee breaks – I feel like I have spent a day doing everything and nothing at the same time! It doesn’t help that my OCD to clean took full effect and I HAD to clean today, which I normally would have spent cooking.

Last night at the airport, Shawn and I were talking to my sister back and forth about the benefit coming up tomorrow. An older woman was standing next to the chairs, so I stood up so she could sit down. She saw the shirt I was wearing and asked “”Are you a Chiropractor?” then asked if I was working in madison – I gave her a very short version of my situation, saying I was planning on opening my clinic once I returned to Madison. She asked what I was doing with therapy, I told her a nutritional therapy, totally expecting a blank stare with a “well, if you think that will help…” like I have gotten from others. She got a big smile on her face and said 10 years ago she was diagnosed with breast cancer, and  wouldn’t touch chemo or radiation, and did all nutrition, very similar to Gerson. She has been cancer free now for 10 years, and gave us a donation for tomorrow’s benefit. I was in shock! She said she is so happy to see the younger generations being proactive with their  health and hopefully people in the future will do the same. I hope so too! I miss the ocean, and I miss the seemingly care free lifestyle – but I love my family and my home, and I am so glad to be back. Tomorrow will be a better day 🙂